- 4 – 2″ thick steaks: use either strip, porterhouse, t-bone or tenderloin steaks weighing about 8 oz. each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs thyme or rosemary (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive wood smoke infused olive oil
- Set the Sous-Vide cooker to 130ºF (54.4ºC). If not using a Sous-Vide, click here to see the alternate instructions.
- Generously season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons smoke infused olive oil, shallots, rosemary, and garlic if using into resealable or vacuum sealing bags.
- Place the steaks in a one large or two medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bags and seal.
- Following the operating instructions for your Sous-Vide cooker, place the bag(s) in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the bag from the water bath and remove the steaks from the bags and dry well with paper towels.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or grill pan over high heat.
- Rub the dried steaks with remaining tablespoon of smoked olive oil.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan and sear until well-browned, about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
If you would like to make this recipe without a Sous-Vide cooker, then simply follow the directions to marinate the steaks in a sealable bag for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove the steaks and prepare your grill. Grill to desired doneness.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.