Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta with Basil and Ricotta
- 1 loaf of good quality crusty Italian or French Bread
- 2 cups fresh, good quality ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup UP EVOO – Picual, Hoji, or Koroneiki would go well here
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb or Garlic Olive Oil
- 3 cups super sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup good quality sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill, BBQ or oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta with 1 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes with 1/4 cup fresh UP EVOO, a teaspoon of salt, and pepper to taste.
- Roast the cherry tomatoes in a cast iron skillet for 15 minutes until blistered and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the bread into 1″ thick slices, drizzle the slices with 1/4 cup UP EVOO, and grill over high heat, on the BBQ or an indoor cast iron grill until golden, about 5 minutes per side.
- Using two of the garlic cloves, rub each side of the still warm grilled bread. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the sundried tomatoes, 1/2 cup basil, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and process to a paste consistency.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sundried tomato pesto over over one side of the each slice of grilled bread.
- Top by spreading 1 tablespoon of ricotta. Then place 2 or 3 cherry roasted cherry tomatoes over the ricotta layer, and then add a basil leaf between each tomato (if you’re feeling fancy). Otherwise just sprinkle the bruschetta with torn basil leaves.
- Finish each bruschetta with additional sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and a drizzle of UP EVOO or infused olive oil of your choice. Serve immediately!
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.