- 2 pounds plum, Roma tomatoes, or large cherry tomatoes
- Sprigs of Fresh Herbs such as oregano, marjoram, and/or thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Certified UP EVOO or infused olive oil of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- With a very sharp serrated knife, slice the tomatoes in half and season with salt.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and arrange the halves, cut side up on the sheets.
- Bake the tomatoes slow and low at 250 F. for 4-5 hours.
- Allow the tomatoes to cool completely before packing them into clean jars or containers with lids.
- Add herbs to the tomatoes in the containers/jars – I like to use thyme, oregano, and/or marjoram. Cover the tomatoes fully with a fresh UP EVOO of our choice, and keep covered and refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- Use the tomatoes to make dried tomato pesto, sauces, in salads, on antipasto platters, or in pastas.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.