Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme Ingredients
- 12 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 3 cups Half & Half
- 6 large egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Oro Bailen Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blood Orange Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Place the chocolate and olive oil in a blender.
- Whisk the Half & Half, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Sir the mixture constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom and edge of the pot with a heatproof spoon or spatula so that the mixture does not burn.
- Continue to stir until the custard is coats the spoon and almost begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour the custard over the olive oil and chocolate in the blender.
- Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 ramekins or cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Whip the cream and blood orange olive oil with the confectioners’ sugar with a mixer or in the blender until soft peaks form.
- Top the chilled pots de creme with whipped cream before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.