This easy spread has an aioli-like consistency but uses no eggs. Instead, fresh, part skim ricotta stands in lending a creamy-dreamy texture and richness.
- 1 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (something grassy like Arbequina or Picual)
- five inch sprig of fresh basil, washed and dried
- 1 clove fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Place the ingredients inside the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth in consistency.
- Adjust seasoning and store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.