- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Honey-Serrano Vinegar or Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup UP Olive Oil – Hojiblanca would be best! You could also substitute Baklouti, Chipotle, or Cayenne Olive Oil here
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 finely diced seeded, jalapeño (optional)
- 2 medium firm ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large avocado, finely diced (optional)
- 1 pound raw, super fresh Rock Cod, Bay Shrimp, Scallops, Sea Bass, Striped Bass, Grouper, Lingcod, Snapper, etc. cut in to small uniform pieces
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the other ingredients including the fish and stir to combine well.
- Marinate covered in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve.
Note: The longer you allow this to sit, the more the fish will begin to “cook” in the acid of the lime juice and fall apart. Ideally, you want to mix this and serve it straight away. However, if you do let it sit, it will still be edible but the fish will break up.
Serves 6 as an appetizer
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.