- 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 cup sliced onion loosely packed about one half an onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, salt and a few turns of black pepper.
- Sauté until the onion is caramelized – about 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the sauce is jam-like in consistency, about 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cool and transfer to a container. Cover and refrigerate up to one week.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.