- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of salted butter
- 1 tbsp Ultra-Premium Olive Oil – medium intensity would be best, try a picual!
- 1 3/4 cups finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Or Grana Padano) cheese
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped olives (kalamata or gemlik olives)
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 cup of chopped prosciutto
- Make the dough by mixing the flour, butter, olive oil, cheese and garlic. The dough will be a bit dry at this point.
- Then combine all the other ingredients and the dough in a bowl, adding a few tablespoons of water to moisten the dough, if necessary.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight if serving the next day.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the shortbread on a floured surface until about 1/2” thick. Use a small glass or holiday cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place the shapes about 2” apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven until the shortbread is light brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from oliveoilsource.com.