- 1 Turkey about 12 pounds
For The Brine
- 1 1/2 cups kosher salt
- 2 1/2 gallons cold water
- 3 tablespoons Mushroom Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cups chicken stock, as needed
- Place Turkey and enough brine to cover in a large pot.
- Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. If turkey floats to top weigh down with a plate and cans to keep it submerged in brine.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rub 2 tablespoons mushroom sage extra virgin olive oil over the skin of turkey.
- Sprinkle pepper over skin and in cavity.
- Tuck wing tips under loosely truss legs and place turkey on a V-shaped rack in roasting pan.
- Tent breast with foil.
- Put turkey in preheated oven.
- To ensure the bird cooks evenly rotate roasting pan 180° every 30 minutes.
- Roast for about one hour, remove tin foil and baste Turkey with 1/2 cup of warm stock mixed with one tablespoon mushroom sage infused olive oil.
- Start checking internal temperature after about one hour by inserting an instant read thermometer in the meatiest part of the thigh not touching the bone.
- If legs or breast begin to get too brown cover loosely with foil roast until internal thigh temperature reaches 165°
- Total roasting time should be about two to two and three-quarter hours. Let bird rest least 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.