This is a great way to use up a bit of leftover ham from your Easter dinner – served with a salad, this makes a light, easy meal!
- 1 1/2 pounds organic Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, washed, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears, woody parts trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces (spinach works too)
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped – you could also opt for shallots or onion here instead
- 1 cup back bacon or smoked ham cut into 1″ pieces – or go meatless with sauteed mushrooms
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese (you can substitute another cheese if you would prefer!)
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or any infused olive oil of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place the cut potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, drain, and reserve.
- In a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet (a 12″ cast iron is ideal here) heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Add the green onions, asparagus, and saute over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, cheese, and pepper.
- Pour over the potatoes directly into the pan, shake the pan a couple times gently to distribute the egg, and pop the pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the egg is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and run a knife along the inside perimeter to loosen from the pan.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Cut in slices and serve with a lovely salad of baby spinach or arugula dressed with Milanese Gremolata whisked with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic for a light, healthy meal.