- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stem end trimmed off
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shave Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Melgarejo Hojiblanca or Picual
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Fused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Shave or slice the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. (This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife coupled with decent knife skill.)
- In a large saute pan, heat the arbequina olive over medium-high heat.
- Begin by sauteing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges.
- Add the shaved brussels sprouts and saute, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well to combine.
- Serve drizzled with the fused lemon olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6 as a side