Ingredients – For The Gingerbread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup toasted almond oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
Ingredients – For The Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey ginger white balsamic
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan with toasted almond oil.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and cloves and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir combine the almond oil, brown sugar, eggs, molasses, ginger and whisk well.
- Add the carrot and zucchini.
- Add the flour mixture in three parts alternating with the hot water in three additions, beating until flour is just incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the powdered sugar with the honey ginger white balsamic and drizzle over the cooled gingerbread.