Kiwis are packed full of nutrition and antioxidants. We think it’s fair to call kiwis a super food. If you take them from a fresh state and freeze them with minimal processing, you can preserve this nutrition indefinitely. Add the polyphenols, creamy mouth feel, and delicate citrus blush from whole fruit lemon extra virgin olive oil to the mix, and you have a frozen treat of unrivaled nutrition and flavor. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe!
- 6 cups fresh peeled, chopped ripe kiwis, semi-soft and very sweet
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, honey or granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup Whole Fruit Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- Put the peeled chopped kiwis in the freezer 1/2 hour before pureeing them.
- Put the chilled kiwis in to a blender along with the sweetener of choice, if using.
- Blend to a puree.
- With the motor running, pour in the olive oil to somewhat emulsify and pour the entire mixture in to the bowl of your ice cream machine.
Note: If necessary, based on your ice cream maker’s instructions, chill the bowl ahead of time.
- Chill and enjoy!
Makes 6 1/2 cups of sorbet or approximately 12 servings.