- 4 – 4 oz fillets of fresh firm fleshed fish such as halibut, tuna, salmon, tilapia, swordfish or cod
- 1 1/2 cups assorted heirloom tomatoes cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup assorted baby squash cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 tablespoon fresh coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 2 + 1 tablespoons fruity mild-medium olive oil such as UP AU Hojiblanca
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place a heavy saute or grill pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan along with the sliced shallot and squash.
- Sauté for two minutes until the squash is just slightly caramelized on the edges but still nicely firm to the bite.
- Remove to a bowl and add the tomatoes, Neapolitan Herb balsamic, an additional tablespoon of olive oil, and the chopped parsley – set aside.
- Rub the fillets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season evenly with salt and pepper.
- To the same pan, add the fillets and sear until just cooked through.
- Place a warm fillet on a plate and ladle a scoop of the tomato-squash salad along with any juices over the fillet and serve.
- Each fillet can also be placed over pasta, rice, risotto, quinoa, kamut or bulgur and then topped with the warm tomato-squash salad.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.