- 1 1/2 pound Yukon gold potatoes cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 Jar Delizia Roasted Red Peppers in Ultra Premium Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 fresh chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Ultra Premium Olive Oil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of salt, plus salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan, cover with water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes at a simmer until the potatoes are just barely tender but still not cooked all the way through.
- In a large oven proof saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil and heat.
- Add the sliced onions and saute until they just begin to take on a golden color.
- Add the garlic and saute another minute. Remove the pan from heat.
- Drain the potatoes well and allow to sit for a minute to help the moisture evaporate.
- Add the potatoes to the saute pan with the onions, tossing well, and allow to cook over medium heat until they just begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the roasted red peppers, thyme leaves, paprika and toss to mix.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the saute pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until the potatoes are nicely browned.
- Remove the saute pan and carefully crack the eggs over the hash, leaving space in between each egg, and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Slide the saute pan back in the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
- Add finely chopped parsley to the pan and drizzle with additional Ultra Premium Olive Oil and paprika if desired.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.