This is a tasty, simple recipe that makes a great weeknight dinner while being easy on the pocketbook. The olive oil mingles with white wine to make divine pan juice perfectly suited for dipping crusty french bread in. It’s also lovely served over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- 1 whole free range chicken split in half
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 1 pound of whole cremini mushrooms
- 2 large carrots roughly chopped in to 1/2″ pieces
- 2 onions peeled and cut in to wedges about 1 inch at the thickest part
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup high-polyphenol ultra premium extra virgin olive oil
- 4″ sprig of fresh rosemary
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly whisk the olive oil with the wine.
- In a 9″ x 13″ roasting pan, toss all of the prepared vegetables with half of the wine marinade and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the rosemary leaves over the vegetables.
- Rinse and pat the chicken halves dry.
- Position a roasting rack above the vegetables.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour the remaining wine-olive oil marinade over the chicken, being sure to coat all pieces thoroughly.
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange, skin side up on the rack above the vegetables.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables for 45-60 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the largest pieces of chicken register an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve the amazing pan juices with a side of noodles, quinoa or rice and make sure you have plenty of crusty bread on hand to sop up the juices with. This is could also be a one dish meal.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.