- 8 cups good quality chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup short grain starchy rice
- 2 large shallots, or 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 1 pound chicken breast cut in 1″ dice
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil
- copious amounts of fresh cracked pepper
- sea salt to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat 2 tablespoons Baklouti Agrumato Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced shallots and saute until soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, chicken breast, bay leaf, and rice to the pot and bring to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until the rice is very tender, and the soup is slightly thickened.
- In a heat proof bowl whisk together the eggs and lemon juice.
- Add one cup of hot stock to the egg and lemon mixture whisking constantly.
- Add the egg and lemon mixture back in to the stock pot while stirring constantly.
- The soup will instantly thicken and become somewhat creamy.
- Simmer for an additional minute over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Remove the bay leaf, taste and adjust the seasoning with additional pepper, and salt if desired.
- Serve each bowl with a healthy drizzle of Baklouti Chili Fused Olive Oil.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.