- 5 oz. quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8-inch round baking pan with a teaspoon of blood orange fused olive oil.
- Line bottom with a round of parchment paper and grease the paper with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a double boiler melt finely chopped chocolate with the 1/3 cup of blood orange fused olive oil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sea salt and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time whisking well after each addition. Sift the cocoa powder over the chocolate and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in middle of oven for 20-23 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle cake with a small amount of blood orange agrumato or dust cake with additional cocoa powder and serve with tangerine sorbet, whipped cream, or vanilla gelato.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.