Agnolotti uovo con tartufi is the Italian way of saying, “egg ravioli” with truffle. Beyond its’ alluring name which rolls off the tongue, this pasta dish is absolutely delicious!
Ingredients: For The Pasta
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3 large, fresh eggs
Ingredients: For the Filling
- 12 large, fresh egg yolks
Ingredients: For the Sauce
- 1 stick (80z.) good quality salted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- Flaked Sea Salt – we like Sardegna or Maldon
- Fresh cracked white pepper to taste
- Roll the pasta sheets up to the 7th setting on your pasta machine or as thin as possible by hand with a rolling pin.
- Place a large pot of heavily salted water on to boil. Carefully place a the whole egg yolks in the center of the sheet, allowing for at least 1″ of space around each.
- Wet the edges around each egg yolk with water and lay a second sheet on top.
- Seal the edges of each ravioli thoroughly and cut in to individual raviolis.
- Place finished raviolis on a dry, clean towel or parchment paper.
- Once all the raviolis are assembled, in a large saute pan saute the thinly sliced shallots in butter over medium heat.
- Begin to boil the raviolis in small batches for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per batch.
- Flip them to cook on both sides.
- Remove the thoroughly drained raviolis to a large serving bowl.
- Allow the butter in the saute pan to bubble until just barely golden.
- The shallots should be translucent and just beginning to caramelize.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the truffle oil. Mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the warm raviolis and add fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.