This application is easy, elegant and delicious. Use only the finest quality, fresh goat cheese here. The golden peach condimento reduction compliments the creamy, slightly salty, tangy goat cheese perfectly. It adds a mellow sweetness, the complex flavor of ripe peach and naturally caramelized dried fruit notes.
- 2 cups Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 oz. fresh cherve
- In a 2 quart sauce pan over very low heat, gently simmer the balsamic and reduce by half, approximately one cup.
- The balsamic should never be allowed to boil or the natural sugar will burn and become bitter. The pot should be watched carefully. The process can take as long as 30 minutes but the results will be worth the effort.
- The finished reduction should be thick and light amber in color, smelling slightly of caramel and complex fruit.
- Allow to cool completely and then transfer to a jar.
- Once allowed to sit, and cool the flavor will become more complex.
- It can be kept on the counter or in the refrigerator, however refrigeration is not necessary.
- Use to glaze pork, poultry, ribs, fresh fruit or paired with cheeses.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.