- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 6 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon ‘Butter’ Infused Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly grease a standard loaf pan with one teaspoon of ‘Butter’ Infused Olive Oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, blend together olive oil, sugar and eggs.
- Fold the mashed bananas and chopped nuts in to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients in the bowl with the dry ingredients until just incorporated – do not over mix.
- Scrape the batter into a pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding to cool completely on the rack.
Re-posted from the Veronica foods blog.