- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour, ground from toasted, blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar + 2 Tbs.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Picual is perfect for this recipe!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Whisk salt, flour, finely ground toasted almonds, cocoa, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- With mixer running, slowly pour in olive oil; mix well, then gradually add granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- Form dough into a large ball, flatten in to a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the dough and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Press the dough in to an ungreased 11″ fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until slightly firm to the touch.
- As soon as the pan is removed, take a very sharp knife and carefully cut the shortbread in to wedges, making sure to slice completely though the dough.
- Allow to cool completely and remove from tart pan.
- Dust with additional powdered sugar.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.