Ingredients: For The Pork Chops
- 8 boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Ultra Premium Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil – something peppery like Frantoio would work well!
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup Maple Balsamic Vinegar
Ingredients: For The Poached Apples
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 – 3″ sprig fresh thyme
- 1 ripe apple (about 10 oz), peeled, quartered, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Directions: For The Poached Apples
- Bring water, balsamic to a simmer in a 2- to 2 1/2-quart saucepan.
- Add the apple and sprig of thyme.
- Simmer, gently stirring once or twice, until apple is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Discard the thyme sprig, drain quince in a sieve set over a bowl and reserve for pan sauce.
Directions: For The Pork Chops
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- In nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chops 4 minutes one side, turn over and cook 3 minutes the other side.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high. Stir shallot into pan juices; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic and cook down for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the strained poached apples to the pan and stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- To serve, ladle the pan sauce and apples over the pork chops.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.