- 325g Fresh rotini or fusili (any short noodle will work if you want to substitute!)
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes (or best looking tomatoes), chopped
- 1 handful of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz (225g)Fiora di Latte (fresh mozzarella) cheese
- 10 large basil leaves
- 3/4 Tbsp Flaked or ground sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2/3 cup Ultra Premium Olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Grana Padano (aged manchego works too)
- Boil 4L of water with 1 Tbsp salt
- Chop tomatoes in to big bite sized pieces – set aside in a large bowl
- Using a sharp knife, finely chop basil and add to the bowl
- Tear apart the balls of Fiora di latte in to pieces a bit larger than a toonie – add to the bowl
- Add Grana Padano to the bowl
- Season all evenly with salt
- Add olive oil and mix well – set aside
- Cook pasta in boiling water
- Remove 2 cups of pasta water from pot and set aside
- Drain pasta
- Add hot pasta to the bowl of tomatoes, cheese and basil, stir gently
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to the bowl. Do this slowly while mixing gently until you get a nice silky mix of olive oil and pasta water. Note: you may need to add a bit more pasta water, but in most cases you’ll only need about 1 cup of pasta water.
We feel that serving this warm is the best but it can be served cold!
Note: Salt is the key to this recipe (so use good salt). If you taste your completed dish and it’s not changing your life – you just need a pinch more salt.