Crispy-crunchy on the outside, with soft billowy spicy Baklouti (fused) Agrumato potato on the inside, encasing a gooey melted cheese centre.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut in to 2″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons Baklouti Chili Pepper Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese cut in to 1/2″ cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- For frying: Use an extremely fresh, Certified Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a very low FFA, and very high phenol content for high heat stability.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Allow the potatoes to cool completely.
- Mash the cooled potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and add the garlic infused olive oil, Baklouti Chili Pepper Fused Olive Oil, Parmesan, parsley, and one beaten egg.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Beat the remaining two eggs in a separate bowl, and add the bread crumbs to another bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the potato mixture in to a 2″ oblong shape.
- Push a piece of mozarella in to the center of each oblong, and form the potato around in so that it is completely encased.
- Coat each croquette in egg, and then roll in bread crumbs to thoroughly coat.
- Set aside on the baking sheet.
- Heat 2″ of Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oi in a heavy frying pan over medium high heat.
- When a deep fry thermometer reaches 375, fry the croquettes in batches until deep golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Enjoy immediately.
Makes approximately 20 croquettes
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.