Great news! Our Southern Hemisphere olive oils have arrived – way ahead of schedule compared to last year! Read about them below, you can always click on the name of the olive oil for more information, too! We have a few at the main store and the Calgary Farmer’s Market booth right now, but keep an eye out for the new oils in the next couple of weeks as we sell out of the Northern Hemisphere oils!
- Arbequina Olive Oil: This robust olive oil displays a big amount of pepper, green notes of artichoke and grass plus herbal characteristics.
- Koroneiki Olive Oil: This robust oil has herbaceous notes include green apple, green banana, pine and black pepper.
- Leccino Olive Oil: This medium-intensity oil displays a creamy, malty center. Herbal notes give way to flavors of creamy artichoke and lingering green banana.
- Picual Olive Oil: This robust olive oil displays both complex and assertive notes of green herb, tomato, stone fruit and berry fruit.
- Barnea Olive Oil: The flavor profile of this medium-intensity oil is floral, grassy and perfectly balanced with fruity apple notes.
- Coratina Olive Oil: Crafted by Boundary Bend/Cobram Estate this medium intensity, highly awarded Coratina has won Best In Class and Gold medals in International & domestic Olive Oil Competitions. The incredible Coratina “nose” packs a wallop & displays notes of green apple peel & grass.
- Hojiblanca Olive Oil: Another medium intensity olive oil crafted by Boundary Bend/Cobram Estate, this Hojiblanca has won Best In Class, Gold and Premiere medals in both International & domestic Olive Oil Competitions. The notes include apple, green banana and stone fruit.
- Picual Olive Oil: A mild intensity oil crafted by Boundary Bend/Cobram Estate, this highly awarded Picual has won a Gold medal in a domestic Olive Oil Competition. Viscous & creamy, the notes include red tomato, banana mash and stone fruit.
- Organic Barnea Olive Oil: This herbaceous Gold Medal, Robust, Organic Barnea displays equal parts bitterness & pungency. Grassy, herbal notes give way to bold & herbaceous flavors of radicchio and arugula.
- Organic Coratina Olive Oil: This Gold Medal, Robust, Organic Coratina displays grassy & herbal notes & zesty pungent flavors of green tea, pepper and savory mustard greens.
- Organic Picual Olive Oil: This highly awarded Organic Picual has won Best In Class and Gold medals in International & domestic Olive Oil Competitions! Robust intensity, thenose exhibits pronounced tomato leaf and tomato notes while flavor is complex yet balanced.
Come by the store or Calgary Farmer’s Market to try some of these amazing oils!