- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, eggs, sugar, and almond extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cherries, almonds, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients and knead until no spots of dry flour remain. (The dough will be very stiff, and is typically best mixed by hand unless you have a very powerful mixer.)
- Portion the dough into two equal parts, and then shape each in to a long rectangle approximately 1/2″ thick, by 4″ wide, by 12″ long.
- Bake each sheet in the center of the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until the log is just tuning golden brown. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and using the sharpest knife in your possession, slice the log into cookies 1″ long cookies – for approximately 12 cookies per log.
- Return the cookies to the oven, cut side up to bake again until golden brown and crisp for 10-15 minutes.
Makes approximately 24 generously portioned biscotti
Re-Posted from the Veronica Foods blog.