- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, cooled, shelled & Halved
- 3 tablespoons black or white truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large raw egg yolks*
- 1/2 cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil or other neutral oil such as safflower or sunflower
- 1 large garlic clove
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 dozen cooked egg yolks reserved from hard boiled eggs
- Prepare the hard boiled eggs.
- While eggs cool, in food processor or blender, add egg yolks, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Slowly add truffle oil and olive oil and grape seed oil to form an emulsion.
- Season to taste and refrigerate.
- With a fork, mash the dozen cooked egg yolks and blend thoroughly with 1/2 cup of truffle aioli.
- Add more to taste if desired.
- Pipe or fill the hard boiled egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- Refrigerate until cool or up to 6 hours.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley or minced chives as a garnish.
Makes 2 dozen appetizer servings
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.