Just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients: for the Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour +1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Ultra Premium Certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil +1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients: for the Chocolate-Raspberry Balsamic Glaze
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chopped or in chip form
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons UP Raspberry Balsamic
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease the inside of a 10-inch bundt pan with UP Certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add a tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Tilt and rotate the pan to evenly distribute the sugar in the bottom and sides of the greased pan.
- Tap out any excess sugar.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sift.
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs until they are pale and light; slowly pour in the sugar while beating.
- Next whisk together the sour cream, olive oil and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients beating after each addition, scraping down the bowl a couple times in the process.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 45-50 minutes until a cake tester or wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then carefully invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave proof bowl, heat the cream on high for 1 minute.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and allow to sit for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Whisk well until all the chocolate has melted and there are no lumps.
- Add the balsamic and whisk well.
- Pour the still warm liquid glaze over your cooled cake.
- Allow the glaze to set up on the cake at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.