Ingredients – For The Beignets
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 whole milk
- 1/2 pkg. yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 3/4 cups sifted flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Pour boiling water over butter, sugar and salt.
- Add milk. Let stand until warm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add to milk mixture with the beaten egg.
- Stir in 2 cups flour.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Cover with waxed paper and a cloth; chill until ready to use.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Do not let dough rise before frying.
- Cut into squares and fry a few at a time in deep hot fat at 360 degrees.
- Brown; turn and brown on other side.
- Drain; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Makes around two dozen.
Ingredients – For The Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup Blackberry Ginger Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, slowly reduce the balsamic vinegar by 50%.
- You should have 1/2 cup.
- Allow to cool to room temperature which will thicken it further.
- Serve with warm beignets.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog