Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.
Ingredients: For The Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, and cut in to 3″-4″ “sticks” no more than 1″ thick
- 2 tablespoons of intense Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as Picual, Picholine, or Coratina
- 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Ingredients: For The Toasted Pumpkin Seed & Sage Pesto
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup shelled, toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup super fruity medium intensity Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or an infused olive oil such as Mushroom Sage Olive Oil, Gremolata Olive Oil, or Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup ricotta salata, feta, or grated Pecorino can be used as a substitute
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Directions: For The Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat the broiler or oven to 500 F. and adjust the rack to the the highest position in the oven.
- Combine the oil and vinegar in a bowl large enough to hold the butternut squash.
- Whisk to combine the oil and vinegar thoroughly.
- Toss the butternut squash with the mixture and arrange the squash in a single layer on a shallow, lined baking sheet.
- Liberally season the squash with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash for 10 minutes per side, flipping half way through, until the edges turn golden brown.
Directions: For The Toasted Pumpkin Seed & Sage Pesto
- In the bowl of a food processor or jar of a blender, add the sage leaves, 1/3 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds, olive oil, and cheese.
- Process until the paste is fine in consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the butternut squash on a decorative platter.
- Drizzle the pesto all over the butternut squash, followed by the reserved toasted pumpkin seeds, and the reserved cheese.
- Serve warm.