- 2 pounds baking potatoes – washed and scrubbed clean
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil – or any olive oil of your choice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Baklouti for greasing the waffle iron
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes by hand or on the disc of a food processor, transferring to a large bowl of cold water as grated.
- Soak potatoes 1 to 2 minutes after last batch is added to water, then drain well in a colander.
- Spread grated potatoes and onion on a kitchen towel and roll up jelly-roll style.
- Twist towel tightly to wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer potato mixture to a bowl and stir in eggs, Baklouti, salt, pepper, baking powder, and flour.
- Heat your waffle iron to high heat.
- Once hot, coat with more Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil.
- Heap some latke mixture on top and spread it into an even layer.
- Cook until deep golden brown and then transfer to a baking sheet and place in the over to keep warm.
Makes around 8 latke waffles