There are very few ingredients required to make hummus. In light of this, it’s imperative that the handful of ingredients used be of the highest quality available especially where the olive oil is concerned. This, and only this, is the secret to amazing hummus.
While it’s hard to imagine getting tired of great hummus, if you’d like a little change of pace, try this exceedingly delicious and easy rendition that includes heart healthy roasted red peppers marinated in UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 jar Delizia Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- 2 – 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Certified Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice (or any infused olive oil for a little extra flavour)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and drizzle more fresh olive oil over the top if desired.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.