- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus additional 1/4 cup for drizzling)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top(optional)
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it’s become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Distribute sliced shallots and chopped rosemary evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Drizzle dough with 1/4 cup Cerasuola extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake the bread till it’s golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.