Behold the bounty of spring married with exquisite extra virgin olive oil. The possibilities are limitless and without much fuss, the results can be spectacular.
Ingredients: for the Fresh Fava Bean & Goat Cheese Pesto
- 3 pounds fresh Fava bean pods
- 2 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup really good quality Pecorino Romano
Directions: for the Fresh Fava Bean & Goat Cheese Pesto
- Have a medium bowl of ice water prepared.
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Shell the fava beans and add to the salted water.
- Blanch the fava beans for 2 minutes and then add to the bowl of ice water.
- Allow to cool.
- Slip the peel off each bean and place in to a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Pulse until pureed and creamy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and reserve.
- This pesto sauce can also be used over pasta, on bruschetta, or as a dip for veggies.
Ingredients: for the Thin Crust Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pizza Dough
- 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups warm 110 degree spring or filtered water
- 1/3 cup Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions: for the Thin Crust Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pizza Dough
- If using a bread machine follow the instructions for adding ingredients to the machine.
- If mixing in a mixer or by hand, combine the sugar and water and yeast in a large bowl or mixer bowl.
- Allow to sit for five minutes.
- Add the olive oil and salt.
- Begin mixing in the flour.
- It will be fairly wet but avoid the temptation to add more flour.
- Knead for approximately 3 minutes until the dough is relatively smooth and cohesive.
- Allow to rise for 1 hour covered in a warm place.
- Divide and shape or roll the dough in to two large thin crust pizzas or three medium thin crust pizzas.
Makes enough dough for 2 large or three medium thin crust pizzas
Ingredients: for the Simple Arugula Salad with Gremolata Vinaigrette
- 5 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Milanese Gremolata Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Directions: for the Simple Arugula Salad with Gremolata Vinaigrette
- Just before the pizza is ready to be taken off the grill, combine the lemon juice with the sea salt.
- Whisk in the Milanese Gremolata Infused olive oil and season with pepper.
- Adjust seasoning and gently toss the arugula with the vinaigrette.
Ingredients: For The Grilled Thin Crust Pizza With Fava Bean Pesto & Arugula Salad With Gremolata Vinaigrette
- Prepared pizza dough above
- Fava Bean Pesto
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella fresca, thinly sliced
- Simple Arugula Salad with Gremolata Vinaigrette
Directions: For The Grilled Thin Crust Pizza With Fava Bean Pesto & Arugula Salad With Gremolata Vinaigrette
- Add approximately 1/3 cup of pesto to each medium pizza or 1/2 cup to each large pizza.
- Add a layer of mozzarella, season with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Grill or bake at a minimum of 500 degrees, preferably on a preheated pizza stone, or on a large, inverted, preheated cast iron skillet.
- Depending on how hot you can get your oven or grill, the cooking time will be anywhere between 5-10 minutes.
- You are looking for golden brown crust and bubbling cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with the prepared Simple Arugula Salad and serve immediately.