- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium eggplant (3/4 pound), peeled and sliced about 1/3″ thick
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse to finely chop the parsley. Pour into a bowl and reserve.
- Preheat an outdoor charcoal or gas grill or a grill pan until smoking hot.
- Brush the eggplant slices on each side with olive oil and then arrange the slices on the grill to cover it without crowding.
- Cook the eggplant until well marked, 3 to 6 minutes, then turn the slices over.
- Cook until tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour the marinade into a shallow dish and dip the hot slices into the marinade and set it aside on a plate.
- Continue grilling and dipping the eggplant until all the slices are cooked and seasoned.
- Spoon the rest of the marinade over the cooked eggplant and then cover the dish with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours (or refrigerate for longer).
- Serve at room temperature.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.