These delicious little cookies are loaded with flavor despite their short ingredient list. And, they’re a snap to make. Enjoy them with a fresh pot of tea or your morning coffee. This recipe is dairy-free.
- 3 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 cups granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons green cardamom seeds, freshly ground
- 1 cup Persian Lime infused olive oil
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Beat on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions beating in between additions until no dry flour remains.
- Scoop approximately two teaspoons of dough per cookie, and place the rounded mounds at about 1 1/2″ intervals onto a well greased or parchment lined cookie sheet pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 425 F and bake for an additional 2 minutes to aid in creating a crackly golden brown exterior.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool.
- Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
Yields about 48 cookies
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.