- 2 cups Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher or pickling salt
- 2 cups sweet Italian peppers, sliced
- 1 ripe, red jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the water, vinegar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the garlic and sliced peppers in a large mouth canning jar or two smaller jars.
- Pour in the hot boiled pickling liquid in to each jar, completely covering the peppers but leaving a head space of 1/2″ from the top of the jar.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 10 days before eating.
- Keep refrigerated and use within 1 month.
These peppers can be enjoyed as is or drained of pickling liquid and drizzled with a fresh, herbaceous extra virgin olive oil such as Frantoio, Coratina or FS17.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.