Ingredients: For The Cake
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon fused olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups washed and dried blueberries (1/2 cup reserved)
Ingredients: For the Simple Syrup Lemon Glazed Blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon Juice or the juice of 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 cup bundt pan with lemon olive oil, or 8- 1 cup mini-bundt pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until light yellow and thickened.
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla, and sour cream.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add to the wet ingredients and whisk until no dry spots of flour remain.
- Fold in the blueberries reserving 1/2 cup for decoration.
- For the glaze, mix together the lemon juice and sugar in a microwave proof bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute on high.
- Whisk, and allow the glaze to sit until all the sugar is dissolved and the glaze has become transparent.
- Bake the full size bundt pan for 45- 50 minutes, and the mini-bundt pans for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to coll for at least 20 minutes before inverting.
- Allow the cake to cool fully.
- Add the blueberries to the cooled clear syrup and toss to coat.
- Decorate the top/center of the bundt with the blueberries allow the glaze to run down the sides and soak into the cake.
- Serve immediately.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.