Ingredients: For The Caramelized Vegetable Croquettes
- 2 cups coarsely mashed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Oro Bailen Picual for sauteing & frying
- 1/3 cup cherve (fresh goat cheese) creme fraiche, or sour cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- mixed baby greens (optional)
Ingredients: For The Gremolata Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 large room temperature egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Milanese Gremolata Infused Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper (optional)
Directions: For The Gremolata Hollandaise Sauce
**Raw Egg Warning!**
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a small sauce pan until very warm, about 180 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor or in the jar of a blender, add the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and egg yolks.
- Process briefly to blend everything. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in warmed olive oil and butter.
Directions: For The Caramelized Vegetable Croquettes
- In a saute pan set over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive such as Oro Bailen Picual.
- Add the shallots, broccoli, and cauliflower and saute until golden brown, and slightly caramelized (about 20 minutes) add the garlic at the last minute.
- Add the coarsely mashed potatoes to a large bowl and add the goat cheese, pepper and salt.
- Add the caramelized veggie mixture to the potatoes and mix gently, keeping the veggies intact as much as possible.
- Add the beaten egg to wide flat container or bowl, and add the Panko bread crumbs to another bowl.
- Season the egg with a little salt.
- Once the potato mixture has cooled enough to handle, form six patties, about 4″ wide and 1″ thick.
- Dip each patty in to the seasoned egg, and then in to the Panko bread crumbs making sure to gently press the crumbs on to the patty.
- Set the patties on to a lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat 1/2″ of Oro Bailen Picual in a wide heavy saute pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 325 on a deep fry thermometer.
- Pan fry the patties until golden brown on both sides – set aside on a lined baking sheet.
- Poach 6 large eggs.
- To assemble, arrange the mixed baby greens on the plate.
- Top with the warm veggie patty.
- Set a poached egg atop the veggie patty and ladle the Hollandaise over the top.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog