- 2 pounds fresh, small, firm pickling cucumbers
- 1 fresh habanero pepper sliced in half (optional)
- 5 cloves fresh garlic (optional)
- 3″ sprig fresh dill
- 1 cup French Champagne vinegar
- 1 cup A-Premium White Balsamic
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice mix (optional)
- Arrange cucumbers, habanero pepper halves, garlic cloves, and sprig of dill in one large sterilized lidded jar, or divide among smaller sterilized jars with tight fitting lids.
- In a medium sauce pan set over medium-high heat, heat French Champagne Vinegar, A-Premium White Balsamic vinegar, pickling spice (if using), salt, and water to a simmer.
- Pour hot liquid over the pickles, making sure the liquid comes above the pickles and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate pickles for a minimum of 7 days before eating to allow the brine to penetrate the cucumbers.
- Flavour will improve over time.
- Keep refrigerated.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.