- 4 cups fresh cauliflower in small pieces – florets only
- 3 cups lightly salted water or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh, peppery, green Ultra Premium extra virgin olive oil (such as koroneiki)
- 1/3 + 2 tablespoons cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- 3 large cloves whole garlic (optionally roasted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced or snipped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the florets and water or chicken stock to a simmer in a medium pot.
- If you are not using roasted garlic, add your fresh garlic cloves to the pot as well, simmer for 6 minutes, and drain thoroughly.
- Place the still hot, drained florets in a large bowl with the creme fraiche, olive oil, roasted garlic, Pecorino, salt, and pepper.
- With an immersion blender (stick blender), processes the ingredients until just pureed or to desired consistency.
- To finish, drizzle with additional grated Pecorino, a drizzle of olive oil, and chives.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.