Ingredients: For The Fresh Arugula Pasta Dough
- 1/2 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cup fine semolina flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
Ingredients: For The Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake and or baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Tellagio and or Fontina Cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the arugula and tablespoon of lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until it forms a fine green paste.
- Place all the dry ingredients in to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the arugula paste with the eggs and olive oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and pulse until the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Add a little water if dough is dry.
- Remove dough from the bowl, knead until smooth, form into a ball and let rest, covered for at least 1 hour.
- This dough can be rolled out by hand or to setting 6 on a pasta machine, and then cut in to any shape pasta.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Heat the garlic infused olive oil in a large saute pan set over medium heat.
- Add minced shallots, and thinly sliced mushrooms and saute until just barely golden.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Pour in the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Simmer the sauce for another minute before adding the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is completely combined, then taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the fresh pasta for 2 minutes, drain well, and then add to the sauce in the saute pan.
- Simmer for a minute and then serve with additional cheese over the top, if desired.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.