Ingredients: For The Spot Prawn Cakes
- 1 pound raw, wild shrimp or Spot Prawns, peeled and deveined, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3 medium green onions, finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely minced cilantro leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Picual Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil – for frying
Ingredients: For The Cilantro-Caper Aioli
- 1/2 cup high-oleic, GMO-Free, expeller pressed safflower oil
- 1 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained thoroughly
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
Ingredients: For The Simple Baby Greens Salad
- 4 cups baby greens, for serving
- 2 tablespoons Ultra Premium extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey Ginger White Balsamic
Directions: For The Spot Prawn Cakes
- Heat 1″ of Ultra Premium olive oil in a heavy, wide frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, reserving 1 cup of panko bread crumbs for breading the shrimp cakes.
- Place the panko crumbs in wide dish.
- Portion the cakes evenly in to four patties and coat thoroughly with the reserved panko bread crumbs.
- Fry the shrimp cakes for 3 minutes per side, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the shrimp cakes are cooked through.
Directions: For The Cilantro-Caper Aioli
- Place the egg yolks, water, salt, capers, and lemon juice in the bowl of a blender of food processor.
- Pulse to finely chop the cilantro and capers.
- Mix the olive oil with the safflower oil.
- With the motor running, drizzle the oil mixture in slowly, being careful not to pour too quickly.
Directions: For The Simple Baby Greens Salad
- Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic.
- Toss the baby greens with the vinaigrette and serve the shrimp cakes over the baby greens with a dollop of the aioli.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.