- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone (at room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups cooled, espresso
- 3 tablespoons Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Using an stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add room temperature mascarpone to the egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and one tablespoon of balsamic and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining espresso and Dark Chocolate Balsamic.
- Briefly dip each ladyfinger into espresso mixture. Allowing the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart.
- Place the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.
- Evenly spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to six.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with chocolate shavings.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.