- 1 cup Delizia Garlic Stuffed Gordal Olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup black Mission olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Delizia Fire Roasted Red Peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pickled cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup Green Piri-Piri Chili stuffed Gordal olvies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated cocktail onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oregano white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil infused olive oil
- 2 (1 pound) loaves crusty Italian bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 8 ounces sliced Mortadella
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- For the olive condiment:
- In a medium bowl, combine the two types of gordal olives, black mission olives, cauliflower, capers, celery, carrot, cocktail onions, celery seed, oregano, basil, black pepper, oregano balsamic vinegar, and basil olive oil.
- Mix together and transfer mixture into a glass jar (or other nonreactive container).
- If needed, pour in more oil to cover.
- Cover jar or container and refrigerate at least overnight.
- For The Sandwiches:
- Cut loaves of bread in half horizontally; hollow out some of the excess bread to make room for filling.
- Spread each piece of bread with equal amounts olive salad, including oil.
- Layer ‘bottom half’ of each loaf with 1/2 of the salami, ham, mortadella, mozzarella and Provolone.
- Replace ‘top half’ on each loaf and cut sandwich into quarters.
- Serve immediately, or wrap tightly and refrigerate for a few hours; this will allow for the flavors to mingle and the olive salad to soak into the bread.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.