These home made croutons will be the talk of the town and they’re a great way to use up leftover bread – and you can make these with just about any type of bread.
- 4 cups fresh or day old bread cubes (one-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup Wild Mushroom & Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut fresh or day old french bread in to 1″ cubes. Don’t bother removing the crust, it adds texture!
- In a large bowl, toss four cups of bread cubes with 1/2 cup of Delizia Wild Mushroom-Sage Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- When the bread is evenly coated, place the cubes on a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring a couple times to ensure even browning.
Reposted from the Veronica Foods Blog.