Absolutely mind blowing. Here’s a perfect example of using olive oil not simply because it’s amazingly good for the human body, but also because if used in the proper context, it can elevate even the most humble of culinary applications.
The bright, citrus notes of the Mandarin Agrumato (fused) Olive Oil play beautifully with the deep, earthy, rich dark chocolate. The exterior edges are just ever so barely caramelized, while the middles are ethereal and moist.
- 1 cup flour + 1/4 cup for pan
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Mandarin Agrumato (fused) Olive Oil + 1 tablespoon for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease a 12 portion madeleine pan with with mandarin olive oil and then dust with flour.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes until light and thick.
- Add the olive oil and beat for another minute.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa in another bowl and fold in to the wet ingredients making sure to not leave any dry spots.
- Spoon in the to the prepared madeleine mold(s) and bake in the upper portion of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or just until the tops spring back when lightly touched and the edges begin to darken slightly.
- Immediately un-mold the cookies on to a rack to cool. If you only have one madeleine pan, clean it and repeat the process above a second time as this recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
Allow to cool and enjoy. These are best fresh, the day they’re made.
Makes 2 dozen
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.