Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.
Popcorn is the essential movie snack, and is also a great light treat. Consider making some of this savoury popcorn to bring to your next summer bbq!
- 6 cups freshly popped, warm popcorn
- 1/3 cup Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese + 2 tablespoons
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- In a bowl large enough to hold the popcorn, drizzle 1/3 cup of the mushroom sage infused olive oil over the sides and bottom of the bowl. (Alternatively, you can use an oil mister to spray the oil on to the popcorn.)
- Add the still warm popcorn to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Add 1/2 cup grated Asiago, and a few turns of fresh cracked pepper, and salt to taste. Toss to coat again.
- Finish by drizzling the remaining mushroom sage infused olive oil over the top along with two tablespoons of Asiago, and more black pepper.
Other excellent variations include:
- Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil + Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil for chili-lime popcorn
- California Garlic Infused Olive Oil + ‘Butter’ Infused Olive Oil for garlic-butter popcorn
- Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil + freshly grated Pecorino Romano Cheese = Paisano Popcorn
- Red Cayenne Chili Fused Olive Oil + Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil = “Three Alarm Popcorn”
- Red Cayenne Chili Fused Olive Oil + California Garlic Infused Olive Oil for Chili-Garlic Popcorn
- Lemon Fused Olive Oil + California Garlic Infused Olive Oil Lemon-Garlic Popcorn