- 2 pounds assorted, ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed, washed, and dried
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 green onions, white portion only, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, ribs discarded, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup fruity, fresh, herbaceous extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 small limes, about 1 tablespoon
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all of the in pesto ingredients in to a blender or bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until no large chunks remain, and the sauce is pureed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Arrange the tomato slices and drizzle sauce over freshly cut tomatoes.
- Serve immediately!
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.